A few months back I started making a green smoothie for my wife's breakfast. We were hoping it would help with her Erythromlalgia. And where I do think that it has been part of improving her over all body health which in turn has at least somewhat helped her Erythromelalgia, it has not cured her. Anyway's my initial reaction to the shake was, man was it disgusting looking but if it helped, we were all in....then I tasted it and it has been my breakfast almost every day for the last 5 months or so. It is just so good! Oh and it's healthy too...
Ingredients for two 24oz shakes
1. One whole lime - feel free to add another one if you want it super limey
2. One whole ripe avocado - this make the shake nice and creamy
3. One big handful of spinach leaves
4. Four 1/3-1/2 full droppers of Stevia Clear Liquid - you can get it at WholeFoods but I've found its almost half the price on Amazon.
5. 1 scoop Amazing GreenSuperFood - you can get this at WholeFoods but its about $10 cheaper on Amazon. Hint - sign up for their subscribe and save and you can save another 15% which is pretty cool.
6. One whole cucumber - peeled or unpeeled is up to you. I usually decide this based on the kind. If it's a regular cucumber I tend to peel it, if its an english cucumber I just chop it up and put it in as the skin tends to be thinner and sweeter.
7. About 10-12 ice cubes
8. About 16-18oz of Coconut water - O.N.E Natural Coconut Water by the case is an OK deal on Amazon, about the same price as WholeFoods. The best deal if you have one nearby is the brand you can get at Trader Joe's.
9. 1/2 can of organic coconut milk - 365 brand from Whole foods is not only one of the cheapest but also the best tasting that I've found. Trader Joe's brand is pretty good too if you can find it.
10. You will need a blender - This is ours.
11. A good cold tumbler - This Starbucks Cold Tumbler is the best cup I've ever had, we now own 6 of them!
Combining the ingredients in the blender
1. Peel and cube the cucumber
2. Peel the lime
3. Put in the avocado after removing the skin
4. Add the large handful of spinach
5. Add one scoop of Amazing GreenSuperFood
6. Add four 1/3 to 1/2 full droppers of Stevia Clear Liquid sweetner
7. Add half a can of Organic Coconut Milk
8. Fill to the 32oz line of the blender with Coconut water
9. Blend till smooth and then add ice - you could add ice before you blend but it seems to fit better if you add it after you blend everything else.
10. Pour into your Cold Tumbler - which we also mark certain tumblers with the word "shake" as the shake tends to add it's flavors to the cups over time (remember we drink them every single day).
11. ENJOY this delicious and healthy breakfast/meal/snack!
Give it a try and tell me what you think?