A Positive Change? (Erythromelalgia)
So over the past 2 weeks or so, for some reason that we have not figured out, there has been an actual improvement in Tracey's symptoms. She is still in bed most of the day, but she has actually been having fewer flares each day.
So because of this slight improvement, we are trying to figure out what we have done differently over the past few weeks. Looking back we have actually changed a few things and do have a few ideas of what may be helping. Yes it could be complete randomness causing the improvement, but for tracking sake, here is what we have changed and were hoping is actually helping.
1. No Vinegar - this may seem strange but Tracey used to consume a ton of Vinegar, she put it on everything. And after reading the PH Diet, it was one of the things to eliminate. Now while we have not completely enacted the PH diet, we are trying to do at least some of it. So maybe the elimination of Vinegar is helping her bodies over all PH levels which is a reason for the improvement.
2. Giving Up Most Fruit - Again sounds strange, but this is another part of the PH Diet, and it eliminates these natural sugars from her diet, along with the fact that we already eliminated all processed sugars. She does use Stevia in things like homemade lemonade and such and it does not include all fruit. Things like lemons and limes have not been eliminated.
3. Colloidal Silver - Yes many (including us) are skeptical to say the least about this, but hey desperation makes you try things so we decided to start with a topical spray version and what do you know, we've seen not only improvement in the number of flares but the over all condition of the skin also looks better. The wounds on her feet are actually healing.
4. No Goat Dairy - She gave up cow's dairy way back in February and switched to only goat dairy products, well in the last few weeks we eliminated all dairy and have seen the improvements mentioned above.
5. Antibiotics - She has been on Antibiotics for Chronic Lyme for months now and we were not sure if they were really doing anything, and then she went off them for a few days and got really bad, so she went back on them, along with all the other switches on this list and whammo, improvement. Are the antibiotics starting to work...is the lyme being beaten back? Or is is something else on the list...
6. My boss randomly mentioned that maybe it had something to do with some kind of weather change, which made me wonder if atmospheric pressures or something else in the way the weather works could be another reason. It is possible, but since Tracey got this over a year ago the weather has changed so much that who knows.
7. Oatmeal - This may be the strangest possibility, but right before this change she had a day where her legs were very itchy, so she took the equivalent of a thick oatmeal bath (has been said to help itchiness from things like poison ivy). I am doubting this is the reason but I wanted to make sure I recorded everything that could be helping.
As you can see we changed quite a bit all at once but whatever it is, the last few weeks have seen positive change...I just hope it continues.
So there you go, a slight improvement in the EM symptoms. What do you think, anyone tried any of these, have they helped you?