How to put the new Android Gingerbread Keyboard on your Android Device!
Works on most devices running Android 2.1 or higher (NO ROOTING Required)*
- On your Android device hit Menu>Settings>Applications>Check the Unknown sources box - This must be done in order for you to be able to install the keyboard.
- From Android Market download an (Search “App Installer”) App Installer (I chose “A.I File Manager”)
- From your Android device, follow this Link and download both the files gbkb.apk & gbkb-en.apk (these are at the bottom of the first post and you will have to create a login and sign in before being able to complete this)
- Find the Application “App Installer” on your android device & open it.
- Click on the folder “Downloads”
- Click and install both files
- From Android home screen click Menu>Settings>Language & Keyboard>Check the Gingerbread keyboard box.
- You can also change many settings on certain things you want or don’t want the keyboard to do.
- Enter any application that requires keyboard uses and do a long press (press & hold) in the text field, select “Input Method” on the menu that pops up.
- Select Gingerbread keyboard from the list (you can do the same thing again to switch back)
- The Gingerbread keyboard is now your default keyboard
I hope this helps everyone better enjoy their Android device!
*You should have no problems putting this on your device, however, we are not responsible for anything that happens to your device because of installing this program!